Best carpet underlay for underfloor heating
Underfloor heating has grown in popularity over the years, thanks to its range of benefits and luxurious feel. But when it comes to picking the perfect carpet underlay that will compliment your new heating system things can get a little tricky.
Here at the Carpet Underlay Shop, we supply a range of carpet underlay perfect for underfloor heating, including Duralay, Tredaire, and Roma. However, by far one of our most popular and sought-after carpet underlays for underfloor heating is Thermalstream, and today we are going to be sharing with you some of its main benefits.
Why you should consider underfloor heating for your home
Before we talk about the importance of a great underlay, first let’s take a look at why underfloor heating has become such a popular feature within the home. Once considered to be a luxurious addition, underfloor heating has more recently boomed in popularity - largely down to its cheaper affordability but also now can reduced energy bill costs (when using water piped underfloor heating) rather than turning up your radiators.
Here are just some of the key benefits of a good underfloor heating system:
- Low maintenance – once installed, most underfloor heating systems will not require any maintenance, meaning that you can reap the benefits without any of the fuss.
- Long-term investment – although the initial cost of underfloor heating may be considerable, it is one that quickly pays for itself thanks to its low-maintenance nature and energy saving abilities. It also increases the value of your home as more consumers seek houses with underfloor heating.
- Energy efficient – most modern underfloor heating systems perform more efficiently than most radiator systems, meaning you can cut down on energy bills over time.
- Comfortable – underfloor heating feels lavish and comfortable, outperforming other heating systems and adding a sense of superiority to your flooring.
Why do you need underlay?
Underlay is of great importance with any flooring to add comfort, protection, and insulation. Whether you’re opting for carpet or laminate, vinyl or wood flooring – a good underlay will work to ensure your flooring lasts longer, remains in a better condition and provides extensive benefits.
Underlay designed specifically for underfloor heating typically has a lower tog rating, meaning that heat can more readily pass through the flooring. Often this type of underlay is very thin to assist in the effective transfer of heat.
Why ThermalStream carpet underlay is the perfect accompaniment for your underfloor heating
ThermalStream is an innovative carpet underlay made for underfloor heating. Offering a new standard in comfort, ThermalStream underlay boasts an extra thick structure of 10mm, which is a far cry from the majority which are typically under 8mm thick.
Here are some of the other benefits of ThermalStream underlay for heated flooring:
- Flame retardant – benefit from an additional element of security with ThermalStreams flame retardant foam, able to withstand high temperatures and for peace of mind.
- Innovative air circulation – by far one of ThermalStreams biggest benefits has to be the forward-thinking design which incorporates punched holes for increased air flow and a quicker heat transfer between the underfloor heating pad and the carpets.
- Super luxurious – thanks to the additional thickness of 10mm, your carpets will feel extremely soft to walk on (far better than the old traditional rubber underlays which are thin and give little comfort underfoot)
Get in touch to find out more
If you’re on the market for the perfect carpet underlay for your underfloor heating and would like to find out more, then why not get in touch with us? Our friendly team of experts are on hand to provide guidance and advice and can help you pick the perfect underlay to suit your requirements. Either give us a call on 0203 887 0994 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Carl Smith